2013
New Year...
New Life....
On January 4, 2013 I moved to Providence Place Apartments to begin a new life. It is in the heart of Salt Lake City. I have never had the desire to live in the city, but here I am...a city girl now, and I'm looking forward to all it might bring me.
![]() |
| Providence Place Apartments |
My decision to move to the city was based on my desire to get out of bed (now that my health has improved) and to get some kind of life. I feel like there is purpose for Father healing me, and that I need to go outside of my comfort zone (living in my bed) and find out what that purpose is.
By living in the city, at Providence Place, I can just walk outside my front door, and have endless opportunities to explore in the city, and to participate in that many activities also. I'm in hope that I will discover different interests, hobbies, and new talents that I have, but have never known.
I have been in the process of asking Father to guide and to direct me to those things he desires me to do, or to become in involved in.
As I looked over my life I discovered that I have been the happiest when I was serving others regardless of how big or small the act was, especially when my physical and mental health was at it's worse.
As I was preparing for my move to the city, I got online to see if I could find some volunteering opportunities that I could participate in that would utilize my skills and talents, and that would provide me with more personal growth and abilities.
I have found many different places that can use my skills and talents, and I'm going through the process of finding the right matches for me.
I went to church the first Sunday I was here, and I'm looking forward to jumping in with both feet to help where ever I'm needed. No more hiding and being invisible.
Joe told me the other day he wanted to invite someone over and wanted some privacy for a sort while to talk and to visit. He paid my way for me to go to a movie. I went and saw "Guilt Trip" with Barbra Streisand. This was the first time in over ten years that I have been in a movie theater. It was a nice treat.
On Tuesday, the 8th I went to Herman to spend time with Ginny T. one of my best friends. It was so wonderful to see her new home and to catch up on our lives. On our way from TRAX to her home we seen deer resting and wandering through people's property, which was so fun to see. It was so quiet out there in Herman, and I could feel life slow down, and some of my stress leave me and I became very relaxed.
I told Ginny that coming out there to see her, was just as big as if I was to travel to New York City. It has been for ever since I've had the opportunity to leave the city, and was so wonderful.
Yesterday, the 10th, I took most of my shelves over to my sister, Elaine's house to have her husband Del cut them down so they will fit in my new closets. I was able to take the Green Line TRAX all the way out to West Valley City, and then take bus 41 the rest of the way to her house. It was nice not having to make so many transfers as I use to have to do where I use to live.
After I returned home and dropped off the shelves, I went and got something to eat. There is a little sandwich shop across from my new apartment that I tried and it was really good. I also stopped at Harmon's to get a few groceries so that I wouldn't have to leave my apartment for the weekend.
Just as soon as I left the grocery store the snow storm hit. I was really glad that I only had to go two lights up to make it home, instead of having to travel and to wait for buses like I use to.
Today I have enjoyed watching the snow fall. It seems like the snowflakes are a lot bigger on the 5th floor, than the ground floor.
Maintenance is suppose to come and stack and hookup my washer and dryer for me. I hope they remember, but I have a feeling that because of the snowfall, they will be working outside most of the day, trying to keep the sidewalks clean.

No comments:
Post a Comment