Wednesday, August 29, 2012

August 23, 2012, 9:57 PM

I finally got out of bed.  I went to the pool.  I enjoyed every moment.  The water was luck warm, just like in the tub.  I had the pool to myself most of the time.  It felt so good to just relax, and to not feel the weight of my body, cause it's very heavy to carry around all the time.  After I got out of the pool, I relaxed and finished crocheting a doll hat that I have been working on.

I called my sister, Elaine and made arrangements to put some of my things back into her rabbit house (it's not really a rabbit house, but just a storage room.  100 years ago it did house rabbits I think, hence the name).

I need to get rid of 1/2 of my belongings.  I'm going to go from a 2 bedroom, to a 1 bed.  I've been working slowly in my spare bedroom by going through everything once again.  I do this every time I move.  I was able to give Jason and his sister's (my neighborhood friends I've been teaching to crochet and to loom knit) a tall garbage bag of yarn, which allowed me to consolidate container, which lead to getting rid of two totes.  I am going to send all of the material and sewing supplies that the Humanitarian Center gave me while I was on my Mission there back to them.  I don't have any desire to sew right now, especially in the quantity that I have been doing in the past.  If I do sew I want to go back to piecing quilt tops, and finishing unfinished projects.  I have 12 more doll outfits to crochet, that is if I don't get anymore orders, and then I can start doing that.

I'm tiered of not having any money left over after bills are paid.  This makes it so that I'm not able to go or do anything for recreation.  It's been like this for years, and I'm finally ready to get a life.

My mental health is the best it has ever been, and all of the Post Trauma Syndrome stuff is over with, the physical pain is gone, I only deal with my fibromyalgia when the weather is bad, or when there is low pressure, which I am so grateful for, and I think my sever constipation challenge is at it's tail end. 

This week my energy has started to come back.  It is so wonderful.  Being bedridden for so many years has been less than fun, but I think I dealt with it really well.  I taught myself to crochet, and just love it, and I did tons of genealogy to keep me busy.  When I had individuals come in to bring meals and to do housework, I would crochet them a dishcloth  in return.  They were taken back from this act.  It made me feel good and it was a way that I could give back.

I called Joe to see if he wanted some of the things I am going to get rid of.  Vocational Rehab has qualified him for their program again, and has an appointment with them tomorrow.  They will help him find a job and with other issues he has.  He quit his job a few months ago at the nursing home.  I can't blame him at all.  I had to live at that nursing home for three months, and it wasn't a good experience.


No comments:

Post a Comment